Monday, July 24, 2006

'the new beginning'... or just a new post.

After having left this blog sit, motionless & unused, for quite some time, I decided that it would be best to start blogging in a different way. Currently I have three other blogs that I use frequently, a personal paper diary, and two more blogs that I don't so much use to update but so that I may keep in contact with others in the city (I really hate using the telephone). With this many blogs, anyone might suspect that each is difficult to maintain, but on the contrary, I find that I am able to spread out my posts without driving my readers insane because I have never suffered from a lack of words, not when it came to writing (you won't hear me speak that much).

Blogging for me has been therapeutic - not really in the sense that I have a lot of problems and I need to talk them through on a regular basis, but rather my need to just get words out. I need to write. I think that at any given moment we have over one thousand simultaneous thoughts in our heads and I need to express that. I think of it as letting the air out of an overpacked tire - yes, I am letting air out of my head, I am an airhead.

At any rate, what makes this blog only slightly different from the others is that one) I have no option to make any of these entries private (curse you, blogspot!) and so it is not that I am totally exposed, but I most post with a bit more caution. This is why I have other blogs that allow me to have private entries. The second reason is that I am sharing this blog with my partner of nearly three years. Because we do not live together (admittedly, he spends most of his free time here, but we are not sharing a closet which is of utmost importance), I thought that this could be a space we shared. He does not have the urge to update nearly as much as I do, so my posts will make up for a majority of this.

On to me: Most people I meet will never see nor imagine me dancing as obnoxiously as possible in my car to something like Funkytown on the local radio station. I am easily amused by small things - I like to narrate the life of my birds who, according to my narrations, are obsessed with my roommate. I think that the Family Circus is infinitely more funny if you read it aloud and in a goofy voice. Some people have suggested that I am insanely negative (well, I do complain a lot) and a total killjoy, but my idea of fun can be very subtle. I love taking pictures, and I love conversations, long ones that I would otherwise have to carry out in my head - that is my idea of fun. I don't like parties and really, I don't like being drunk. I still have a lot of stuffed animals.

There is a lot more, but you can't get that all in one entry. I can't even keep it in one blog.

-Monique

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home