Monday, July 24, 2006

meet the (new) brownie

Today Paul suggested that we go to the Antique Mall in town. I haven't been to an antique mall in quite some time, but this one is not too different from the ones I've seen before - there is a lot of clutter and a lot of dust. Even so, there are always opportunities to find something nice under all that. I bought this Kodak Brownie for 7 dollars, for example. I really like toy cameras. I have a Brownie that I purchased from Helena (myredself.org) and while the film is a bit hard to come by and generally costs a bit more because I have to order it, I think it's worth it. Really, the results are somewhat of a mystery it seems - and it's almost unnerving thinking about how film might be overexposed, etc, but whenever I see shots from toy cameras that are done well, they're really so beautiful that it's worth the risk. At any rate, I will most likely have to get a bulb for this if I can find one - I'm sure I can online and there is always ebay. I do appreciate manual cameras because they seem to be much easier to fix. I hope this one is no different in that regard.

Because we are those sort of nerds, we initially went to the antique mall to find Marvel figures - he found two Spider-man comics that interested him, while I bought a Spiral & Omega Red figure as well as a few Marvel cards and one Batman card that was surprisingly not from any Batman movies! There were tons of cards there from Batman Forever, which was an awful movie - maybe not as awful as Batman & Robin, but it was still pretty bad.

I dropped some 127 film off at Columbia Photo - we'll see how it turns out tomorrow. It's C-41 processing. The girl did look with some curiousity though. I hope everything is okay!

For dinner, Paul & I went to Moe's Southwestern Grill which is infinitely better than the Chaputle nearby. I never really liked Chaputle - as far as fast Ameri-Mex (I really don't know what to call it), Moe's is pretty decent. I can't remember if Chaputle has fish tacos? Everything seems a bit too complicated and pricey at Chaputle so I tend to avoid it. The first and perhaps last time I've even there was when Paul and I started dating nearly three years ago. Anyway, what I like about Moe's is that the fish isn't fried and I like the corn tortillas. The music that is played overhead makes the environment that much nicer too - I appreciate the mix of oldies & jazz.

I'm surprisingly tired & I still need to go get gas for my car. Tomorrow is going to be a day of running errands. Hopefully my Internet isn't down the whole day like it was today - I really don't like Charter. Their digital cable package is no good either. They don't get any Spanish channels save HBO Latino (what?!) and MTV Español. That's fairly obnoxious. Their sports channel selection is horrible! I really wanted to see fútbol games from La Liga & Paul wanted to watch Premier. I also want to be prepared for when Copa América 2007 plays. I wish I had Fox Soccer!

-Monique

ps. This is my kind of article!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home