Friday, September 14, 2007

new news

I am still the only one who updates this blog because Paul is exceedingly lazy when it comes to Internet usage. I think if we retitled this journal 'Shoryuken' he would reconsider posting, but who would pay attention? Who pays attention now?

These last few weeks have been filled with festivals. I made a comment to someone last week or the week before that Columbia was known for its festivals, and certainly the city didn't let me down. I think these last two months have been filled with more festivals than I've ever seen while living here.

That being said - and this is also posted on my myspace - I organized a little snapshot gallery of pictures that I've taken of events held here in the city. It can be found here.

Other than the festivals, there isn't much going on. I am taking a wonderful & interesting course on Peninsular literature (my emphasis provided I do not throw everything out the window and dedicate my attention to morning Disney cartoons). Paul & I have been exercising every week after my Thursday course - and for me any exercise is a lot of exercise, I'm notoriously lazy.

In other news, because I will have approximately $300,00 (not a typo) in my bank account tomorrow, Paul & I will most likely not be marrying in October. I had a dream that our families gave us the 'You're married & you're on your own' speech. With as little money as we are making now, I am not just ready for us to fail financially. That being said, we may just elope in the spring, though I'd really like something tiny (Miranda & Steve tiny) next autumn. I think my ring will be coming in this month or the next - I'm really excited about it because of the engraving. At any rate, it is slightly depressing but I keep telling myself that we are committed, we live together, & that I am fortunate enough to have found someone I actually want to marry.

It will be four years next month.

-Monique

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home